Re: DIST_COMMON broke

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: DIST_COMMON broke
Date: 07 Feb 2001 13:50:53 -0700

>>>>> "Pavel" == Pavel Roskin <address@hidden> writes:

>> I'm checking this in.

Pavel> I'm sorry, but the bug seems to be yours. The new test fails
Pavel> after automake.in changes from revision 1.848 to 1.849.

Oh, I know it is mine..

Pavel> In fact it says directly: "Don't push @inputs onto the dist list."
Pavel> Not good. Many programs rely on that.

It is more complicated than that.  The &require_file_with_conf_line
call sometimes pushes onto the dist list.

This area still requires more work.  I think I know another case where
it can fail: suppose you do `AC_OUTPUT(subdir/foo)' where there is no
Makefile.am in subdir?  Then I think no rule to rebuild subdir/foo
will be generated.

Tom