Re: Allow per-object cflags?

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: Allow per-object cflags?
Date: 08 Feb 2001 23:55:05 -0700

>>>>> "Emil" == Emil Ong <address@hidden> writes:

Emil> My particular interest is that I'm writing a wrapper program in
Emil> C that changes based on a preprocessor define.  I'd like to be
Emil> able to do something like:

Emil> bin_PROGRAMS = prog1 prog2
Emil> prog1_SOURCES = prog.c
Emil> prog1_CFLAGS  = -DPROG_NAME=\"prog1\"
Emil> prog2_SOURCES = prog.c
Emil> prog2_CFLAGS  = -DPROG_NAME=\"prog2\"

This ought to work with automake 1.4b.

Emil> I'm not sure if we're talking about the same thing, but I tried
Emil> something like what I did above with 1.4b and it didn't work.  I
Emil> didn't try the cvs version though.

Could you consolidate this into a bug report?  How specifically it
failed, what the Makefile.am looked like, etc?  Ideally it would be
in the form of an automake test case :-).

Tom