question about sources in multiple directories

From: Matthew R. MacIntyre
Subject: question about sources in multiple directories
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2001 16:26:48 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

I'm sure there is a fairly easy way to do this, but I just can't figure it
out.  I was hoping someone here could help me.

I've got some c++ classes in my project's src/ directory, and I want to
write some little driver programs in the test/ directory to show that the
classes behave as expected.  I've had no problem including the header
files I need to compile the driver programs, but errors occur at the
linking phase of the build process.  How can I get automake setup the
Makefile in the test/ directory to link with the objects in the src/
directory?

Thanks in advance,

-matt