Rebuilding Makefile.in

From: John Poltorak
Subject: Rebuilding Makefile.in
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 12:31:21 +0000

I have just discovered that I can build the latest GNU GREP v2.4.2 on
OS/2 without the need to amend any makefiles - although I do use an OS/2
specific  version of AUTOCONF. When trying to build something like SED,
the final binary is not created as an EXE file. The differences between
the two apps seems to be down to the version of AUTOMAKE used. SED used
v1.3 and GREP uses v1.4. Not being an expert on AUTOMAKE, I was wondering
how I could get SED repackaged using the newer AUTOMAKE...

I would run it myself, but I'm not sure how to go about it.

--
John