Re: AM_CFLAGS

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: AM_CFLAGS
Date: 12 Feb 2001 22:28:17 -0700

>> My understanding is that autoconf prevents us from putting these
>> names (AM_*) into configure.in.

Alexandre> We can remove specific items from autoconf's blacklist.
Alexandre> Anyway, the variables you mentioned are Makefile variables,
Alexandre> not generally listed in configure.in.  What am I missing?

A macro like AM_CFLAGS is intended to be used by the Makefile.am
writer to pass flags to the compilation.  It is entirely reasonable to
set this in configure.in and then AC_SUBST it.

I don't want to remove anything from autoconf's blacklist.  Doing that
means we have to update autoconf whenever we change automake.

Tom