Re: Building shared libs as dynamically-loaded perl modules

From: Alexandre Oliva
Subject: Re: Building shared libs as dynamically-loaded perl modules
Date: 15 Feb 2001 02:20:43 -0200

On Feb 14, 2001, Jeremy Slade <address@hidden> wrote:

> It seems that what I really what is to create swigShapeUtils.sl
> using the original ../../lib/*.lo files build earlier (and used to
> create libShapeUtils.sl), rather than create swigShapeUtils.sl with
> a run-time dependency on libShapeUtils.sl (which of course isn't
> installed at the time I'm build swigShapeUtils.sl).  In short, I
> think I ultimately want:

> ld -b -E -o swigShapeUtils.o swigShapeUtils.lo ../../lib/*.lo

> and not

> ld -b -E -o swigShapeUtils.o swigShapeUtils.lo -L../../lib -lShapeUtils

> But how do I achieve that?

Create ShapeUtils as a libtool convenience library.  If you also want
it to be installed as a separate shared library, you can create such a
separate shared library, naming the convenience library differently.
Ditto for MiscContrib.

Red Hat GCC Developer                  address@hidden, redhat.com}
CS PhD student at IC-Unicamp        address@hidden, gnu.org}