Re: add a recursive target?

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: add a recursive target?
Date: 22 Feb 2001 18:13:18 -0700

>>>>> "Matt" == Matthew R MacIntyre <address@hidden> writes:

Matt> Is there an easy way to add a new recursive target to a
Matt> top-level Makefile.am?

Nope.

Matt> For instance, I have a number of different directories with an
Matt> "html" target in them.  I'd like to have an easy way to run
Matt> "make html" from the top-level without having to maintain a
Matt> special target at the top-level.  Is this possible?

Historically this hasn't come up too much.  I'm for it, if it can be
sensibly designed.

Tom