Re: PATCH: patsubst support

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: PATCH: patsubst support
Date: 22 Feb 2001 23:04:09 -0700

>>>>> "Kevin" == Kevin Ryde <address@hidden> writes:

Kevin> It'd be nice to be able to embed little fragments of perl to do
Kevin> things like that, for the "static" case that is.  But perhaps
Kevin> that idea has come up before.

I've long resisted letting the user extend Makefile.am with Perl code.
I want to preserve the barrier between the implemented "language"
(automake input) and automake's implementation language.  This is
important because we want the freedom to randomly change the automake
implementation.

For instance we're supposed to rewrite automake in guile eventually.

Tom