Re: Current problems

From: Akim Demaille
Subject: Re: Current problems
Date: 26 Feb 2001 11:38:11 +0100

Akim Demaille <address@hidden> writes:

> 4. handle_factored_dependencies
>    is outputting in an order which is not the one I want.
>    I have not understood why, nor why it suddenly changed.  In
>    particular .PHONY is no longer last as it should.

Solved.  From perldelta (I'm running 5.6):

       Enhanced support for sort() subroutines

       Perl subroutines with a prototype of `($$)', and XSUBs in
       general, can now be used as sort subroutines.  In either
       case, the two elements to be compared are passed as normal
       parameters in @_.  See the sort entry in the perlfunc manĀ­
       page.

target_cmp was prototyped, so it was comparing $a and $b which are not
passed to it!