Re: yaccvpath.test

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: yaccvpath.test
Date: 27 Feb 2001 01:22:38 -0700

>>>>> "Pavel" == Pavel Roskin <address@hidden> writes:

Pavel> I don't quite understand whether your test is supposed to work
Pavel> or not.  It's failing for me (besides the typo in
Pavel> tests/Makefile.am that I've just fixed).

Alexandre claims it fails.
I've updated it a bit.  Now it works for me.
Alexandre, can you investigate the change?

I changed it to only configure and build once.

Actually, sometimes bison complains when I run the test and sometimes
it does not.  Weird.

Pavel> I believe there is a convention in Automake that whenever a
Pavel> knowingly failing test is committed, it is added to
Pavel> XFAIL_TESTS, and it's only removed from there when the fix is
Pavel> committed.

My fault.

Pavel> Maybe you don't know, but yaccvpath.test fails very differently
Pavel> when automake is configured in the source directory and outside
Pavel> it. You probably should add AC_CONFIG_AUX_DIR(.) to the test
Pavel> (see e.g.  install2.test), unless I'm missing something.

Interesting.
Alexandre, how does it fail for you?
I always build in a separate directory, never in srcdir.

Pavel> Also please make sure that the test is ignored when bison and
Pavel> yacc are not available.

Done.

Tom