Re: yaccvpath.test

From: Pavel Roskin
Subject: Re: yaccvpath.test
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 14:14:48 -0500 (EST)

Hello, Alexandre!

>  >> Alexandre claims it fails.
>
> Yes it should.

Then show us how it fails.

> Perl? I guess you have found *another* issue :)  What I'm trying

We'll see when I get home.

> to report is just a Makefile issue: $scrdir/parser.c is included
> in the distribution insted of ./parser.c.

In fact, I believe that you are wrongly assuming this to be a bug. Files
that are distributed should be in srcdir.

But I don't see that your are testing for that problem. Your test is quite
generic - "make distcheck" should pass.

Do you expect that one of the version of parse.y is invalid?

>  >> I always build in a separate directory, never in srcdir.
>
>  Pavel> It should be irrelevant now after since I've added
>  Pavel> AC_CONFIG_AUX_DIR.
>
> Isn't this a workaround to an Automake bug?  It look so to me:
> if install-sh is in current directory, why would Automake prefer
> and use ../../install-sh?

It's a complicated mix of several bugs and ancient traditions. I believe,
the best fix will be to have tests/defs to copy the right install-sh
instead of creating an empty file.

Regards,
Pavel Roskin