Re: AC_CHECK_HEADER(S) search path

From: Akim Demaille
Subject: Re: AC_CHECK_HEADER(S) search path
Date: 03 May 2001 19:37:12 +0200

>>>>> "Genty" == Genty Jean-Paul <address@hidden> writes:

Genty>   Hi

Genty>   Wich directory variable should I set to tell AC_CHECK_HEADER
Genty> to search in ??

AC_CHECK_HEADER by itself does not look for headers, it asks cpp where
they are.  Therefore it is system dependent, and should be extended
using CPPFLAGS.

        CPPFLAGS='-I /my/very/own/include' ./configure

 - Variable: CPPFLAGS
     Header file search directory (`-IDIR') and any other miscellaneous
     options for the C and C++ preprocessors and compilers.  If it is
     not set in the environment when `configure' runs, the default
     value is empty.  `configure' uses this variable when compiling or
     preprocessing programs to test for C and C++ features.