Re: PATCH: Fix dependency tracking (revised)

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: PATCH: Fix dependency tracking (revised)
Date: 05 May 2001 15:12:29 -0600

>>>>> "Robert" == Robert Boehne <address@hidden> writes:

Robert> 2001-04-25  Robert Boehne <address@hidden>
Robert>         * configure.in: Add _am_dep_true='@AMDEP_TRUE@' and AC_SUBST it.
Robert>         * automake.in: (handle_dependencies) Replace @AMDEP_TRUE@ in
Robert>         $output_rules with @_am_dep_true@ so that @AMDEP_TRUE@ isn't
Robert>         substituted away when automake is created by configure.
Robert>         * depend2.am: Add @AMDEP_TRUE@ to the beginning of lines for
Robert>         dependency tracking in the rules for object files so that
Robert>         disabling dependency tracking with 'configure' will work.
Robert>         * configure: Regenerate.

Thanks for this patch.
I fixed in a different way before I saw this patch.
Can you try the current automake?
Your changes to depend2.am leave me thinking that maybe my fix isn't
complete.  (Or maybe your fix is redundant?)

Tom