Re: Fix for PR 164 (?)

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: Fix for PR 164 (?)
Date: 05 May 2001 23:26:43 -0600

>> +    grep ($cond_vals{$_} = 1, split (' ', $when));

Russ> It's generally considered poor Perl coding style to use grep for
Russ> its side effects alone without checking the return value.

Thanks.  This idiom is used all over automake, but I agree we should
change it.  I only ever used it since map didn't appear in Perl 4.

Russ>     my %cond_vals = map { $_ => 1 } split (' ', $when);
Russ> which is the Lisp-ish way to do it.

Lispy is my preference.

Tom