Re: Warning fix for automake on CVS Libtool

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: Warning fix for automake on CVS Libtool
Date: 05 May 2001 23:39:22 -0600

>>>>> "Pavel" == Pavel Roskin <address@hidden> writes:

Pavel>  * automake.in (scan_texinfo_file): Consider @defindex and
Pavel>  @synindex in the same way as @defcodeindex and @syncodeindex
Pavel>  respectively.

I think this is ok.
Please check it in.

Pavel> +      elsif (/address@hidden(code)?index (\w+)/)
Pavel> +        push @clean_suffixes, $2;

My understanding is that here $1 will not necessarily be defined, but
$2 will always be defined.  Is that right?

Pavel> By the way, I discovered a terrible bug in CVS Automake while
Pavel> testing it - "make dvi" doesn't propagate to the
Pavel> subdirectories.

That's a bit suprising.  I looked at the automake Makefile.in and it
seems to do the right thing.  `make -n dvi' seemed to work ok too.

Tom