Automake release

From: Gary V . Vaughan
Subject: Automake release
Date: Sun, 6 May 2001 23:38:38 +0100

Hi Tom,

If I am right in my assumption that the next stable release of Automake is
still several months away,  I'd like to roll up and release a maintenance
release branched off automake-1.4 for compatibility with libtool-1.4.

Would you be agreeable to granting me (at least temporary) CVS write access
so that I can do this?  The only thing I have a vested interest in is coping
with the lack of ltconfig gracefully (in a backward compatible fashion), but
I guess that it might be advantageous to have a call for bugfixes email
incase there are any other pet bugfixes people might like backported to a
stable release (the automake --add-missing copy failed warning bug springs to
mind here)...

What do you say?

Cheers,
        Gary.