Re: Automake release

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: Automake release
Date: 08 May 2001 20:29:36 -0600

>>>>> "Gary" == Gary V Vaughan <address@hidden> writes:

Gary> I noticed after uploading that you haven't made diffs or xdeltas
Gary> for your other releases.  I can delete the new diff and xdelta
Gary> if you like.

You can leave them.  Historically automake releases have been
characterized by huge diffs.  We won't make one for 1.4->1.5 either, I
imagine.

Gary> I didn't make an announcement (even to info-gnu) since we might
Gary> want to give the mirrors a chance to get a copy before clogging
Gary> ftp.gnu.org.  If you don't have a formalised announcement
Gary> procedure, and want me to post something tomorrow then let me
Gary> know.

I don't have a formal procedure for the announcement.
Feel free to do it.

Thanks,
Tom