using libtool with Oracle Pro*C precompiler

From: Keenan, Rod
Subject: using libtool with Oracle Pro*C precompiler
Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 16:08:49 -0500

I'm relatively new to using automake and libtool but have been able to get
them working with regular C files.  I'm having trouble with .pc files that
need to be precompiled with Oracle ProC.

I'm using automake 1.4 and libtool 1.3.

My makefile.am contains the following which I put together after looking at
other messages in the automake archive:

**** makefile.am starts here ****

AUTOMAKE_OPTIONS = foreign
BUILT_SOURCES = db_dequeue_generic_tcp_msg.c db_enqueue_generic_tcp_msg.c

lib_LTLIBRARIES = libGenericTCP.la

libGenericTCP_la_SOURCES =

libGenericTCP_la_LIBADD = db_dequeue_generic_tcp_msg.o
db_enqueue_generic_tcp_msg.o

libGenericTCP_la_LDFLAGS = -version-info 1:0:0

INCLUDES = -I$(ORACLE_HOME)/precomp/public -I$(top_builddir)/include

CLEANFILES = db_dequeue_generic_tcp_msg.c db_enqueue_generic_tcp_msg.c

EXTRA_DIST = db_dequeue_generic_tcp_msg.pc db_enqueue_generic_tcp_msg.pc

SUFFIXES = .o .c .pc

.pc.c:
    $(ORACLE_HOME)/bin/proc -DANSI_PRO_C mode=ansi code=ansi_c
userid=userid/passwd sqlcheck=semantics lines=yes iname=$<

**** makefile.am ends here ****

When I do a make I get this error:
*** No rule to make target `db_dequeue_generic_tcp_msg.c', needed by
`makefile'.  Stop.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

This message (including any attachments) contains confidential, proprietary
or privileged information intended for a specific purpose and individual(s),
and is protected by law.  If you receive this message in error, please
immediately delete it and all copies of it from your system, destroy any
hard copies of it and notify the sender.  Any unauthorized disclosure,
copying or distribution of any part of this message, or the taking of any
unauthorized action based on it, is strictly prohibited.