RE: using libtool with Oracle Pro*C precompiler

From: Keenan, Rod
Subject: RE: using libtool with Oracle Pro*C precompiler
Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 15:04:32 -0500

Tom,

I'm still trying to get this to work.  I modified the SUFFIXES line to
eliminate the .o reference.
        was: SUFFIXES = .o .c .pc
        now: SUFFIXES = .c .pc

Now I get the error message:
lib_GenericTCP/makefile.am:3: library used but `LIBTOOL' not defined in
`configure.in'

Am I getting anywhere?  Here is what my configure.in looks like:

***** start configure.in *****
dnl Process this file with autoconf to produce a configure script.
AC_INIT

AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE(RdmTcp, 1.0)
AM_CONFIG_HEADER(config.h)
AC_PROG_LIBTOOL
AC_PROG_MAKE_SET
AC_PROG_CC
AC_PROG_CXX

dnl Checks for programs.

dnl Checks for libraries.

dnl Checks for header files.
AC_HEADER_STDC
AC_HEADER_SYS_WAIT
AC_CHECK_HEADERS(strings.h sys/time.h unistd.h)

dnl Checks for typedefs, structures, and compiler characteristics.
AC_C_CONST
AC_TYPE_SIZE_T
AC_HEADER_TIME

dnl Checks for library functions.
AC_FUNC_MEMCMP
AC_FUNC_STRFTIME
AC_FUNC_VPRINTF
AC_CHECK_FUNCS(gethostname select socket strerror)

AC_OUTPUT(makefile doc/makefile m4/makefile lib_genUtils/makefile
lib_GenericTCP/makefile)
***** end configure.in *****

Thanks,

Rod