Re: 2 questions on automake

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: 2 questions on automake
Date: 15 May 2001 16:19:35 -0600

>>>>> "Reinhard" == Reinhard Müller <address@hidden> writes:

Reinhard> A quick hint where to look how to make sure i'm using gcc?

Read the description of AC_PROG_CC in the autoconf manual.

>> It should be.  What version of automake are you using?

Reinhard> It is not. I'm using automake 1.4, and it seems that 1.4-p1 doesn't,
Reinhard> either.
Reinhard> Maybe you didn't see that I'm talking about Makefile.in
Reinhard>                                                     ^^^

I did see that.

I don't recall but it is possible that 1.4 was simply buggy in this
regard.  1.4-p1 only has a few important bug fixes; it doesn't have
this one (if it exists).

I'm not sure about the cvs automake.  I'll write a test.

Tom