Re: Deleting Makefile.in in maintainer-clean

From: Alexandre Duret-Lutz
Subject: Re: Deleting Makefile.in in maintainer-clean
Date: 19 May 2001 14:29:23 +0200

>>> "Gary" == Gary V Vaughan <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

 Gary> If intallers have `make clean' and `make distclean', the
 Gary> maintainers corrollary is `make maintainer-clean' and
 Gary> `make cvs-clean' (maintainer-distclean?).  I do this *all
 Gary> the time*!

I too would like to have a special target whose purpose is to
remove all files which are not kept under version control...

 Gary> Anyway, I'm happy to check a copy of Pavel's cvsclean
[...]
 Gary> If I convert it from perl to shell, would you be
 Gary> interested in accepting as a new automake standard target
 Gary> (subject to finding a suitable name for the target)?

... but I beleive that such target should not rely on CVS (since
not everybody use CVS).  I'd would prefer to have a
MAINTAINERDISTCLEANFILES variable in Makefile.am, for
consistency with other clean-targets.
--
Alexandre Duret-Lutz