Re: --ignore-missing patch

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: --ignore-missing patch
Date: 19 May 2001 15:44:29 -0600

>>>>> "Gary" == Gary V Vaughan <address@hidden> writes:

Gary> I have been experimenting with GNU shtool recently -- it allows
Gary> you to roll all the little scripts (mkinstalldirs, install-sh
Gary> etc.) into a single catch-all `shtool' script.  Unfortunately,
Gary> automake gets very upset if its own versions of these files are
Gary> not present in the tree.  I have been running a patched automake
Gary> to get around this, and figured it is perhaps something that you
Gary> would like in the upstream sources?

I haven't looked at the patch yet.
I think this probably is the direction we want to go.
However I think I would prefer to do this post-1.5.
I'm really interested in getting us to a stopping point right now.
In fact, aside from the manual, and any bugs of which I'm unaware, I'm
hoping we are there right now.

Tom