Re: Libraries with sources in subdirectories?

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: Libraries with sources in subdirectories?
Date: 29 May 2001 15:36:01 -0600

>>>>> "Steven" == Steven G Johnson <address@hidden> writes:

Steven> In src/Makefile.am, putting lib_foo_la_SOURCES = bar/baz.c,
Steven> etcetera, does not seem to be supported.  Is there, or will
Steven> there be at some point, a proper way of going about this sort
Steven> of thing?  Or at least a moderately clean hack?  =)

I assume you are using automake 1.4.

With the most recent automake prerelease, this works fine.
You can even arrange to have the objects kept in subdirectories using:

    AUTOMAKE_OPTIONS = subdir-objects

This option isn't really documented yet, but it is on my to-do list.
Documentation and bug fixing are the only things delaying automake 1.5.
And right now I know of no bugs that must be fixed for the release.

Tom