Re: AS and ASFLAGS

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: AS and ASFLAGS
Date: 31 May 2001 08:35:42 -0600

>>>>> "Richard" == Richard Boulton <address@hidden> writes:

Richard>  i) Is there any documentation of this yet?  I couldn't find
Richard>  any, and simply had to guess what to do from error messages
Richard>  and sources.

There isn't.  I'm working on documentation.  Thanks for mentioning
this, I'm afraid this change wasn't yet on my list :-(.

Richard> ii) Is there a recommended way to set ASFLAGS to a default
Richard> value.  I've currently put
Richard>       AS="$CC"
Richard>       AC_SUBST(AS)
Richard>       AC_SUBST(ASFLAGS)

This looks fine.  These days we're trying to get new macros into
autoconf, not automake.  So if a macro is needed for AS, it should be
done in autoconf.

Tom