Re: Canonical way to conditionally add (a large amount of) sources to PR

From: Tim Van Holder
Subject: Re: Canonical way to conditionally add (a large amount of) sources to PROG_SOURCES?
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 23:21:33 +0200

> Tim> I need to conditionally (based on a --with configure option)
> Tim> add a fairly large number (~50) of sources to foo_SOURCES.
>
> What version of automake are you using?

Some snapshot I took from the cvs automake a month or so ago.  I'll
update my setup and see if it helps.

> [snip]
> This ought to work.
> I wrote a test case to try it, and the test case passed.
> [snip]
> This also ought to work.
> I modified my test case for the first one to look like this, and tried
> it again.  Again it worked.
>
> In both cases I'm using the cvs automake.

OK - thanks.
Well, it'll probably be due to my using a slightly old snapshot.

BTW, what is the correct way (if there is any) to do this in stock
1.4? It's just that this is supposed to work in a distributed package,
so relying on CVS automake is probably not a good idea.