Re: CPP determined incorrectly

From: Pavel Roskin
Subject: Re: CPP determined incorrectly
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2001 20:41:08 -0400 (EDT)

Hello, Akim!

> Pavel> If you feel that you can handle it feel free to merge. It
> Pavel> should be done earlier or later anyways.
>
> So you share my opinion?

I share your opinion that AC_PROG_CPP and AC_PROG_CC should be merged
eventually. Whether it should be done before Autoconf-2.51 is another
question.

I personally don't want to risk, but if you think that you can make
Automake work with the "big macro" (maybe by releasing another
Automake-1.4-pX) without spending months on it then I'll support merging
the macros now.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin