Re: libtool is not removed in 1.4f, but is removed in 1.4-p4

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: libtool is not removed in 1.4f, but is removed in 1.4-p4
Date: 14 Jun 2001 20:29:10 -0600

>>>>> "Kevin" == Kevin Dalley <address@hidden> writes:

Kevin> In a Makefile which is created using automake-1.4f, libtool is not
Kevin> removed by distclean-am, in fact, it doesn't seem to be removed at
Kevin> all.  In automake-1.4-p4, libtool is removed by distclean-am.  These
Kevin> are the libtool related macros which I use:

Kevin> AC_LIBTOOL_DLOPEN
Kevin> AC_DISABLE_SHARED
Kevin> AC_PROG_LIBTOOL
Kevin> AC_SUBST(LIBTOOL_DEPS)

Can you tell me more about this bug?
I don't see it.

Run the appended test.  Then look at the resulting Makefile.in.  It
shows that distclean depends on distclean-am, which depends on
distclean-libtool, which does `rm -f libtool'.

How can I modify this test to see the bug?

Tom

#! /bin/sh

# Make sure libtool is removed.
# Report from Kevin Dalley