Re: depcomp problem [Fwd: Trying to compile latest CVS on old SCO unixwa

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: depcomp problem [Fwd: Trying to compile latest CVS on old SCO unixware 2]
Date: 15 Jun 2001 11:53:36 -0600

Tom> I want to know if this happens because argmatch.o already exists,
Tom> or if it is because the SCO `cc' doesn't like `-c' and `-o'
Tom> together.

Stephen> It appears to be the latter:

We should already have the mechanisms we need to handle this.  I think
no further changes to automake should be necessary to support this.
Try putting `AM_PROG_CC_C_O' into configure.in.

This isn't documented yet.  I added a note to my to-do list for the
manual to document it.

Tom