Re: install-strip and bin_SCRIPTS

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: install-strip and bin_SCRIPTS
Date: 19 Jun 2001 18:48:32 -0600

>>>>> "Emil" == Emil Ong <address@hidden> writes:

Emil> In a project that I'm working on, I have both scripts and
Emil> executables.  The scripts are Bourne shell and awk and I tell
Emil> automake about them with bin_SCRIPTS.  When I do a make
Emil> install-strip, the Makefile also tries to strip the scripts, but
Emil> fails and halts all progress.  Is there something that I can do
Emil> to fix this?

You didn't mention what version of automake you are using.
That information is a very important piece of any bug report.

I believe this works in the current cvs automake.
It might be broken in the 1.4 series.

There is a workaround, which is to set INSTALL_SCRIPT and
INSTALL_PROGRAM yourself, and then simply use `make install'.

Tom