Re: What version of autoconf is required for automake-1.4f?

From: Clark Rawlins
Subject: Re: What version of autoconf is required for automake-1.4f?
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 18:38:48 -0500

Tom,

Thank you for your help. I am sorry if these questions are FAQs if
so please direct me to the appropriate documentation.

After installing automake-2.14f in /usr/local I am getting an error
messages when running aclocal:

aclocal: configure.in: 10: macro `AM_PROG_LIBTOOL' not found in library

All I did when I installed automake-2.14f was the usual

./configure
make
su
make install

Are there some configuration settings I should have set for configure?
I didn't see any in the README INSTALL or in ./configure --help