Re: Supporting include in Makefiles

From: Raja R Harinath
Subject: Re: Supporting include in Makefiles
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2001 13:12:43 -0500

Hi,

Akim Demaille <address@hidden> writes:
> BTW, does Automake *use* that feature?  If not, then it should not
> provide this macro IMHO.  It should stop distributing macros, that's
> Autoconf job, not Automake's.

It is used internally to support the dependency tracking mechanism.
It is almost definitely not intended as a generic mechanism to support
Makefile includes.

After all, automake already has it's own support for including
makefile fragments -- and that mechanism is already portable to
'make's that don't support any form of 'include's.

- Hari
--
Raja R Harinath ------------------------------ address@hidden