Re: EXTRA_DIST = config.h.in

From: Gary V . Vaughan
Subject: Re: EXTRA_DIST = config.h.in
Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2001 23:55:31 +0100

On Sunday 01 July 2001  5:31 pm, Bruce Korb wrote:

> > Bruce> Why is this now necessary?  It did not used to be.  Is this
> > Bruce> intended?  Is there an "upgrading README" file kicking around?
> >
> > It is probably a newly introduced bug.
> > You don't mention what version you are using though.
> > Could you submit a full bug report?
> >

> > That would include the version number,
>
> $ automake --version
> automake (GNU automake) 1.4-p4
>
> > preferably a short example, and
>
>   cvs get autogen
>   cd autogen
>   sh config/bootstrap
>   make && make check && make distcheck
>
> > an explanation of what you expected and what actually happened.
>
> I expected that since prior versions of automake automatically
> distributed config.h.in without my having to tell it to do so,
> then it would also distribute config-h.in in the same manner.
> However, instead I hand edited (not yet under CVS) the Makefile.am
> and snprintfv/Makefile.am files to add config-h.in to the
> EXTRA_DIST sources.

configure.in is using AC_CONFIG_HEADERS (the autoconf-2.50 flavour of
AC_CONFIG_HEADER) instead of AM_CONFIG_HEADER.

automake-1.4-p4 doesn't spot misuse of AC_CONFIG_HEADERS (I'll check in a fix
presently incase I release p5), but changing to AM_CONFIG_HEADER causes
config-h.in to be distributed as before.  CVS HEAD already diagnises
AC_CONFIG_HEADEERS correctly.  I guess I screwed up AutoGen's autoconf-2.50
upgrade (I'll check in a fix presently), sorry.

Cheers,
        Gary.
--
  ())_.  Gary V. Vaughan     gary@(oranda.demon.co.uk|gnu.org)