Re: System configuration during install

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: System configuration during install
Date: 05 Jul 2001 23:01:34 -0600

>>>>> "David" == Lawrence, David (STEI) <address@hidden> writes:

David> I am already building using an rpm tree under by home
David> directory.  But it would appear that RPM wants me to place the
David> files into their install location before the binary RPM is
David> built.  Is this a hard requirement or is there a work-around?

I haven't made many RPMs.  I thought all this stuff worked by
installing into a clean tree, say via DESTDIR, and then packaging that
new tree.

David> If I've moved too far off the context for the automake
David> distribution list, where would you recommend I post these RPM
David> related questions?

I imagine there is an RPM list somewhere.  Or maybe someone else here
definitely knows the answer.

Tom