Re: /lib/cpp again

From: Alexandre Oliva
Subject: Re: /lib/cpp again
Date: 07 Jul 2001 23:58:15 -0300

On Jul  6, 2001, Tom Tromey <address@hidden> wrote:

>>>>>> "Akim" == Akim Demaille <address@hidden> writes:
Akim> Tom, any actual reason for AM_DEPENDENCIES to require the
Akim> compiler?

> This macro runs the compiler via depcomp to determine the dependency
> tracking.  So it needs to know that the compiler has been set.
> However, if I understand correctly, we know that the compiler has been
> set because this macro is called implicitly via redefinition magic.
> If that is the case then I think your patch is ok if you add a comment
> explaining this...

It would probably be appropriate to take this opportunity to rename
AM_DEPENDENCIES to _AM_DEPENDENCIES, since now it must no longer be
called by the user (otherwise it might run before AC_PROG_CC).

Red Hat GCC Developer                  address@hidden, redhat.com}
CS PhD student at IC-Unicamp        address@hidden, gnu.org}