Re: subobj8.test not executable

From: Pavel Roskin
Subject: Re: subobj8.test not executable
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 12:11:39 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 18 Jul 2001, Lars Hecking wrote:

> > It's already fixed in the repository.  The problem is that even after
> > that, running "cvs update" doesn't fix the problem on the clients.
>
>  Even if you remove the file in your working copy before "cvs update"?

Of course not, but nobody is supposed to remove all files before running
"cvs update".

> > Besides, not every maintainer for every package has direct assess to the
> > CVS repository, as in the case for Automake.  I was talking about a
> > generic solution, not only about a fix for Automake.
>
>  Not sure whether automake is the appropriate place for this.

Well, if you look into tests/Makefile.in near "check-TESTS:" you'll find
"test -f".  So Automake merely checks that the file exist and is regular
(but not for the last fallback to $srcdir).  Checking that the file is
executable would be appropriate here.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin