Re: Overriding Automake rules inn Makefile.am.

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: Overriding Automake rules inn Makefile.am.
Date: 18 Jul 2001 22:04:01 -0600

>>>>> "Lars" == Lars J Aas <address@hidden> writes:

Lars> I'm adding make-rules to Automake.am that override rules that
Lars> Automake generate (a non-standard-name library build rule).  I
Lars> figured Automake would pick up on this and not output the rule,
Lars> but it doesn't, so GNU make warns about duplicate rules.

Do you have a simple test case?
This ought to work.

In the past this feature only worked for certain targets.
But I think Akim put the infrastructure in place so that it should
always work.

Tom