Re: tests/substref.test is not executable

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: tests/substref.test is not executable
Date: 03 Aug 2001 13:09:09 -0600

>>>>> "Pavel" == Pavel Roskin <address@hidden> writes:

Pavel> tests/substref.test is not executable on CVS.  The test fails
Pavel> because of that.  Please change its permissions on CVS or ask
Pavel> somebody with the direct CVS access (Tom?)

I did this.

Pavel> By the way, this test fails for me even after I make it executable.

The test fails to account for the entering/leaving directory messages
that GNU make might print. I fixed this.

Richard: make sure that a test file is chmod +x before adding it to
cvs.  Also, make sure to run tests like this:

    make VERBOSE=t TESTS=foo.test check

That will ensure that they'll test in an environment like that of
other users.  Thanks.

Tom