'DATA' is an anachronism

From: David Carter
Subject: 'DATA' is an anachronism
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 22:22:52 -0400

Can someone please point me to documentation on The Right Way [tm] to specify that a file is a data file to be installed into the same directory with a program?

Based on what (I thought) I read in the Autobook, I tried something like this:

DATA = "">

When running automake, I get a message something like “’DATA’ is an anachronism”.

Thanks in advance.

(Please copy me on the response – I don’t think I’m currently subscribed to the automake list.)

---

David Carter

address@hidden