Re: Automake 1.4l released

From: Charles Wilson
Subject: Re: Automake 1.4l released
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 23:16:13 -0400

For what it's worth, I have now been able to test a recent change to cygwin;s utime() implementation. After building & installing a new cygwin kernel with that change, I then built a new automake from "clean" automake-1.4l sources. (that is, no local diffs).

It passed the three pesky tests lex3, pr9, and pr87. Therefore, today's change to cygwin's utime() successfully works around window's brokenness, with the following conditions:

1) running on NT or W2K
2) using NTFS
3) CYGWIN variable contains the 'ntsec' flag

I'm now going to go run the whole automake testsuite and make sure there are no regressions...

--Chuck