Re: Mixing C and C++

From: Richard Boulton
Subject: Re: Mixing C and C++
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 17:14:45 +0100

On Thu, Aug 16, 2001 at 10:02:02AM -0600, Eric Lemings wrote:
> Michael Matz wrote:
>
> Is Automake capable of building mixed C and C++ libraries?  Can the source
> files exist in the same directory with the same base name but different
> suffixes?

This is not currently supported.

(I think it will work if you plan to only compile one of them, and decide
what one to compile based on an automake conditional, but that is a fairly
odd case and probably doesn't help you.)

I'm not sure if there are plans to add this.  It would require automake to
detect the conflict, and compile to different object files.

--
Richard