Re: automake failures

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: automake failures
Date: 27 Aug 2001 23:19:13 -0600

>>>>> "Alexander" == Alexander Mai <address@hidden> writes:

Alexander> Actually 13 fail, but a quick look at the output
Alexander> seems to indicate that perhaps just the tests are broken:

It is almost certainly the tests.  Of course we still have to look to
make sure :-(

Alexander> many of them explicitly assign
Alexander>  CC=gcc
Alexander> which is not a good idea perhaps.

I think we do that because we want to require an ANSI compiler, and
there isn't a particularly better way :-(.

Alexander> The failing tests are:
Alexander> ansi3.test [ ... ]

Thanks.  I've changed all these tests to clear CFLAGS.
The fix will appear in 1.5.1, whenever that comes out.
If you're using the CVS automake, please give it a try.

Tom