Autoconf 2.52 and Automake 1.5

From: Lars von Wedel
Subject: Autoconf 2.52 and Automake 1.5
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 10:07:41 +0200

Hello,

I'm trying to migrate one of my projects from Autoconf 2.13/Automake 1.4 to
Autoconf 2.52/Automake 1.5.  Actually I'm having a problems I couldn't
resolve yet:

Autoconf complains about the use of AC_CANONICAL_TARGET.
I call a macro that AC_REQUIRES the above, but calling it in my
configure.ac doesn't seem to work:

     > autoconf
     > configure.ac:15: warning: AC_ARG_PROGRAM was called before
AC_CANONICAL_TARGET
     > configure.ac:31: warning: AC_CANONICAL_TARGET invoked multiple times
     > configure.ac:31: warning:  is m4_require'd but is not m4_defun'd

Anyone knows help? My configure.ac is attached for information.

Lars