Re: Meta-issue: recent spam surge

From: Lars J. Aas
Subject: Re: Meta-issue: recent spam surge
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 18:18:22 +0200

On Thu, Sep 13, 2001 at 11:03:45AM +0100, Lars Hecking wrote:
:
:  http://mail.gnu.org/pipermail/automake/2001-September/date.html
:
:  What a sad sight: fully one third of all list messages for this month
:  are spam. Other lists at gnu.org (and elsewhere) have been hit just
:  the same.
:
:  Is anyone at gnu.org going to do something about this?
:
:  If the list software supports regexps, it's as simple as filtering on
:
:   /^\tcharset="?ks_c_5601-1987"?/

You can only filter on headers, and this one comes in the body, and
only for some of them.  Some are text/html with euc-kr charsets IIRC.

I've installed an experimental filter on the autoconf list which I will
monitor for the next couple of days.  If it's successful, adding it to
automake list should be a piece of cake.

  Lars J
--
This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time.