Re: AM_CONDITIONAL

From: Raja R Harinath
Subject: Re: AM_CONDITIONAL
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 10:08:46 -0500

Jens Krüger <address@hidden> writes:
[snip]
>> > The next question, is there a workaround to solve my problem?
>>
>> Given my guess, you should ensure that all directories and all
>> Makefiles are created by the 'configure' scripts, even if the build
>> will not enter those directories.
>
> The problem is, the default configure script doesn't generate all
> features of the package. The normal build works fine, with and
> without the additional feature. But in 'make distcheck' I haven't
> any way to say the configure script, built all. (Or is there a way
> to say it?)

You'll have to rewrite your configure script to generate all
directories _even_ if not all the features are used.

Automake tries to ensure that 'make dist' enters all directories and
copies all the files.  The generated package can later be configured
with different settings, after all.  So, all the directories and
Makefiles should exist, even if they're never invoked during some
builds.

- Hari
--
Raja R Harinath ------------------------------ address@hidden