Re: Licensing question

From: Lars Hecking
Subject: Re: Licensing question
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 19:32:06 +0100

> Can I develop a BSD library (or even LGPL) using automake, autoconf
> and libtool? Or using one of these three programs makes my library
> to fall under the GPL ?

 Nope, not at all. See the "Distributing `configure' scripts" section
 in the autoconf manual. Also, all files generated by these tools usually
 carry a notice like the one below:

# This configure script is free software; the Free Software Foundation
# gives unlimited permission to copy, distribute and modify it.