Re: (x)emacs settings for gnu style perl?

From: Alexandre Duret-Lutz
Subject: Re: (x)emacs settings for gnu style perl?
Date: 25 Sep 2001 21:06:27 +0200

>>> "Alex" == Alex Hornby <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

 Alex> all the newer code is in true GNU indent style rather
 Alex> than the earlier approximation.

I bet only Akim's patches are following this style, because he
uses cperl-mode (which default to this), while perl-mode users
are using the other 'approximation'.

[...]

 Alex> What are the emacs settings to get this to happen automatically? In
 Alex> xemacs 20.4 I've tried c-set-style to gnu in cperl-mode, but it
 Alex> doesn't do the trick.

I do neither use XEmacs nor cperl-mode, the following comment
might help anyway:

 1. when I load cperl-mode, the GNU style is the default
 2. with perl-mode I can get a similar behavior with
      (setq perl-indent-level 2
            perl-continued-brace-offset 0
            perl-continued-statement-offset 2)

[Tom, maybe 2. is what you were looking for some time ago?]
--
Alexandre Duret-Lutz