Generated headers that don't get installed

From: Braden McDaniel
Subject: Generated headers that don't get installed
Date: 16 Oct 2001 13:07:08 -0400

I have some generated headers that should not be installed, and should
not be included in the distribution of my package.

BUILT_SOURCES doesn't work because these headers have dependecies in
SUBDIRS, and automake wants to built BUILT_SOURCES before building
SUBDIRS.

noinst_HEADERS keeps them from being installed, but they wind up in the
distribution.

So I tried nodist_noinst_HEADERS. This had the unexpected effect of
installing the headers in the root directory!

Any ideas for a way to do what I want here?

--
Braden McDaniel                           e-mail: <address@hidden>
<http://endoframe.com>                    Jabber: <address@hidden>