Re: HOWTO "compile" script like progs

From: Alexandre Duret-Lutz
Subject: Re: HOWTO "compile" script like progs
Date: 15 Nov 2001 19:32:50 +0100

>>> "Patrick" == Patrick Guio <address@hidden> writes:

 Patrick> Dear all,
 Patrick> I have shell bourne shell scripts and python (version 2) scripts.
 Patrick> When running make, I would like
 Patrick> to make them executable, i.e. to write a valid executable path in
 Patrick> #!path_to_executable_shell_or_program
 Patrick> at the beginning of the file.
 Patrick> I would appreciate any help to configure Makefile.am
 Patrick> to do that.

Have a look at how Autoconf and Automake are packaged.
These two packages install scripts and face the same two
issues you describe, however they address them differently.
--
Alexandre Duret-Lutz