Re: distcheck with specific configuration

From: Lars J. Aas
Subject: Re: distcheck with specific configuration
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2001 12:37:12 +0100

On Fri, Nov 23, 2001 at 08:26:08AM +1000, Dean Povey wrote:
:
: >Until now it seems not possible to run gmake distcheck with additional
: >configuration switches. This requires that packages are completely
: >self-contained, or that they can locate required external packages during
: >configure. However, this is not always desirable or even possible.
Furthermore
: ,
: >sometimes one wants to perform a distcheck with extra compile time
configurati
: on
: >(to turn on debug information for example, or to enable/disable conditional
: >parts of a system).
: >
: >For this reason it would be nice to be able to control the configuration
durin
: g
: >gmake distcheck.
:
: <snip>
:
: Can I add a big me too for this feature?  I think this is a no-brainer and
: I just ran across wanting to add this very recently.

I've also wanted to be able to specify options for the distcheck configure
run for a long time...

  Lars J