Re: SUBDIRS with slashes?

From: Lars J. Aas
Subject: Re: SUBDIRS with slashes?
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2001 17:36:14 +0100

On Wed, Dec 05, 2001 at 04:55:19PM +0100, Joerg Faschingbauer wrote:
: Being new to automake, I am missing (not badly though) one feature I
: would want to use otherwise. This is, I'd occasionally want to say,
:
: SUBDIRS = a/b
:
: in the toplevel Makefile.am.
:
: I know, the doc says that "The directories mentioned in SUBDIRS must
: be direct children of the current directory. For instance, you cannot
: put `src/subdir' into SUBDIRS."

You can, but you get the warning.

: Is there any way to do this anyway? I mean, creating the corresponding
: build directory before running configure makes configure work where it
: would otherwise bail out with an mkdir error. I do fear, however, that
: other things I don't know of yet will discontinue to work if I do
: that.

"make dist" and friends do not support this, so you lose that feature.

  Lars J